Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 1 Dominance!!!

Greetings all, this is the first installment of the Gatorade Blog for the April Run.

I’d like to welcome the new guys Margo, Josh, Neal & Joey Barile to the game…

Last night can be summed up in one word Dominance!!!!

Before I get to that I want to focus on the growing Manship, Bromance, whatever you’d like to call it of Smitty and Schweid. First I find it a little convenient that Smitty was “running late” and showed up at the exact same time as Schweid. They were parked behind one and other on the street, c’mon this is New York that doesn’t happen without some planning.

Here is my theory Schweid has secretly always wished he attended Camp WahNee and finds comfort in an old schooler like Smitty. Smitty loves to win and figures attaching himself to last seasons MVP Schweid will allow him to do so…I’m going to be keeping a close eye on this moving forward!!!

Despite Smittys auspicious start…(Goff tracked him at a RECORD BREAKING pace of 1 turnover / 2 dribbles…This type of ratio hasn’t been seen since Efrem Kamen in the 1991 D Intercamp Game vs. Camp Scatico with 4 turnovers / 1 dribble…) Smitty closed the night by lighting me up in the final game with slashing moves and jumpers.

Now to the dominance….The team of Schweid, C. Sale, new comer Josh Deutsche and Smitty rolled off 7 straight, causing the crowd to call for an unprecedented reshuffling of the teams…I was staunchly against this (call me stubborn) but maybe I was wrong, this team couldn’t be stopped.

Schweid continued his torrid shooting pace with a 95% shot ratio, however to his credit he shot a solid 72.3% from the field going 81 of 112.

C Sale continues to refuse to lose continuing his dominance…One thought though, Chris you are a guest now, quit making proclamations and calling for rule changes!!!!!

Rookie Josh Deutsche filled a role, shooting corner jumper and rebounding…However, he was LIT UP by a # of people including Sub Ron Dugan (5pts in one game on him) and yours truly in game 1 and anytime he switched onto me…Deutsche normally a good defender was left with only this to say “Hey we won, what does it matter.” Truer words have never been spoken.

Smitty, I have already spoken about, he improved as the night went on, but man that start was UGLY!!! Like Deutchse he would simply say “We won…I love Gatorade”

Closing Thoughts…

Jay Braunstein good to have you back!!! A little turnover heavy last night, but had some nice swooping moves to the hoop.

Margo…showed ‘flashes’ of his former self, he needs to find his confidence and his wind though…I see good things out of this guy in the future.

Neal…Well Neal you looked good in the head band, you were VERY VERY quiet last night and started game one with two UGLY airballs…You did however play hard!!!!

Goff…I love the new aggressiveness on the offensive end…He was playing last night a little hampered and nervous about the bandage on his back, still he has no problem guarding anyone on the court!!! Once the back is set LOOK out!!!

Dorfman…Came out gunning, went 1-9 though last night and wins / losses are all that matter!!

Matt Usedin…you had me fooled last night, I REALLY thought you were going to show.

Dave Lewis…Way to gut it out my man, you’re still better then Jay on one leg!!!

Mandell / Cuso….You are both missed, Cuso heal up, Mandell get on line to get your baby a green card ASAP!!!!

Joey Barile…Expecting BIG things out of you!!!

I am out next week, Smitty will be heading up the game…Have a great week.

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment